Acapulco Baked Eggs recipe for Breakfast
Recipe Type: Breakfast
These eggs are very tasty! The green chilies add a subtle kick of flavor. If you like your breakfast spicier, try using Jalapeno Jack cheese instead of the cheddar. This recipe is extremely easy to make and ready in about 15 minutes.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-sharp cheddar — shred
- 1 4 ounces can green chiles — chopped
- tomato sauce, ketchup chili or taco sauce — optional
- tomatoes; sliced — garnish
- Put butter in 8″ square baking pan.
- Set in 350~ oven to melt.
- Shake pan to distribute butter evenly.
- Slightly beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until eggs begin to set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and chilies.
- Draw a wide metal spatula across bottom of pan several times to break up mixture.
- Bake, breaking up mixture again
- several times, for 5 more minutes or until of desired doneness.
- Serve with tomato sauce, ketchup or chili sauce, if used.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes.