Almond Quiche Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup onion — chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 egg — beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper — white
- 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese — shredded
- 1 cup almonds — sliced
- 1 pie shell — baked
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- In small bowl, beat together the eggs, both milks, flour and pepper until lightly frothy. Stir in the cooked onion, cheese and toasted sliced almonds until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a still hot baked pie shell.
- Bake at 325F for about 45 minutes.
- When done, a knife inserted in the middle will come out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, slice and serve.