|Breakfast Frittata Recipe||
Recipe Type: Appetiser
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Frittata recipes are an easy alternative to omelettes, because you can cook a breakfast frittata for 4-6 people all at once in the oven, rather than cooking to order. This recipe is made with hash browns, spinach and cheese.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- pinch of hot sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 16 oz. shredded frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat eggs, milk and hot sauce, if using. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add thawed hash browns and onions, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach, stirring until mixed in with hash browns and cooking until spinach is just wilted, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over hash brown mixture. Cook 1-3 minutes until almost set, lifting the hash browns up slightly with a spatula to allow raw eggs to flow underneath the frittata. Sprinkle cheese over top of the frittata.
- Transfer the frittata to the oven. Bake 4-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and eggs are set.