For many people, the eye area is a real problem. This is one of the first areas to show the signs of aging and is also a problem area for fluid retention.
Here are some tips on caring for the delicate eye area:
* Certain moisturizers should not be applied to the eye area as they cause it to swell up.
* Separate eye creams/gels are a must if you suffer with puffy or aging eyes.
* Hold a metal spoon under cold running water for a few minutes and then gently press it onto the eye area to soothe, cool and reduce swelling.
* Thin cucumber slices are an old remedy, but still a good one for reducing puffiness and soothing tired, sore eyes.
* Hemorrhoid creams containing sharks liver oil and/or yeast applied to the puffy area, are fantastic for reducing swelling.
* Soak used tea bags in cold water for around ten minutes (making sure they are really cool) and place them on the puffy area. Start at the outside of the eye and roll them gently inwards.
* Elevate your head when you sleep to encourage fluid to drain away from the eye area.
* Place a slice of raw potato underneath your eyes. The potassium in them counteracts dark circles.
* Diet, again! Avoid salty foods as these can cause fluid retention.