Total Time: 45-60 mins
Course: Starter Recipe
Cuisine: Indian Recipe
Chicken Kachori recipe is a popular street snack all over Pakistan. It’s a best choice for tea times and is loved by all from children to adults so, prepare your family’s favourite recipe at home.
- One a half cup – chicken (boiled and shredded)
- 3 tbsp besan/gram flour
- 1 cup plain flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- One and a half tsp – mustard seeds
- One and a half tsp – fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 8 to 10 black pepper whole
- oil as required
How to Make Chicken Kachori
- Crush all the masala into a coarse powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry masala.
- Add besan and cook till the raw smell of gram flour evaporates.
- Add shredded chicken and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Make it a hard dough by adding couple of spoons of water.
- Let it cool, then divide into 7-8 parts.
- Knead Maida with a tbsp of oil, salt and cumin seed powder.
- Divide them into table tennis size of balls.
- Take a dough ball, roll it into around four inch diameter roti.
- Put one of the chicken masala dough in the centre.
- Apply water to the sides of roti and gather roti from all the sides, so that the masala ball is covered completely with the Maida roti.
- Seal the ball and carefully remove the extra Maida.
- Flatten the Maida ball by hand. Be careful not to make hole in it.
- Deep fry on medium heat till it is golden brown from both sides.
- Serve hot with Pudina and Imli chutney.