|Chicken Shikarpuri Chatkhara Karahi||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour
Chicken Shikarpuri Chatkhara Karahi is a tasty and spicy Karachi made with ginger, garlic in ghee, garam masala, tomato, onion and green chillies.
- 1 kg chicken, with bone (12 pcs)
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- One and a half tbsp garlic paste
- 150g desi ghee
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- One and a half tsp red chilli, crushed
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- 500g tomato
- 1 onion
- 4 green chillies
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 100g green coriander for garnish
- Wash and clean the chicken.
- Saute ginger and garlic in ghee, and put in the chicken.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then put all the spices except garam masala, along with tomato, onion and green chillies. Now cook on slow flame.
- Then put yoghurt and saute well till little dry, and then add garam masala and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve hot with rotis.