- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 10 slices
- 10 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Grill eggplant, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn slices; spoon Parmesan mixture onto each. Top with tomato; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 5 servings.