This is a common condition which proves to be the devil of every girl’s life! Split ends are most often seen in long hair but also found in shorter hair that is out of condition and is an affliction of anyone trying to grow their hair. The problem can be solved with good hair maintenance so check out this article!
Split ends, (or trichoptlosis), are the nightmare for every self-respecting woman’s life! They happen when the protective cuticle has been stripped away from the ends of hair fibers. Split ends are more likely to develop in dry or brittle hair, and typical causes of damage include excessive dying or vigorous brushing.
Once the hair cuticle is removed, it is impossible to replace. Typically the hair splits into two or three strands, and can be as long as two to three centimeters in length. The best treatment is to cut off the split end of the damaged fiber.
THE MAIN CAUSES WHICH BRING THIS GHOST TO YOUR HEAD:
1. As your hair grows, the natural oils from the scalp can fail to reach the ends, making the ends of the hair more vulnerable than the roots.
2. The ends of your hair have had a long exposure to the sun, gone through many shampoos and been overheated by hairdryers and straighteners, which results in dry and brittle ends which are prone to splitting.
3. Not trimming your hair regularly is possibly the main cause of split ends. Prevention is better than a cure!
4. Damage due to colouring when done to excess also causes dry brittle ends.
5. Poor quality brushes and combs can also cause this problem.
It doesn’t necessarily means that have to go to the salon every week to keep your split ends in check. In earlier times, woman used to burn off their split ends themselves! And when I heard this I thought of bringing this revolution again into this Era, brought something new to this fashion & beauty industry so started cutting hair with Candle, its cool, fun & creative! Imagine using fire instead of Scissors, but you don’t have to scared I will not advising you to do this at home and get entry into Records book.
Hey! Not to worry, there are easier ways to get rid of your dead ends before they split further… DIY (do-it-yourself) hair trims. Don’t be afraid, most of women do it!
These DIY hair trimming tips are for woman who are happy with their hair; for those who don’t need a re-style, but simply want to freshen things up with a ‘homegrown’ sort of look. Still! If you are in any doubt, leave it for the professionals!
To remove split ends: