Mutton 250 gms
Wheat 1 cup
Masoor dal a handful
Channa dal a handful
Moong dal a handful
Onions, fried 2
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Ginger/garlic paste 2 tsps
chilli powder 1 tsp
Ghee 4 tbsps
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak the wheat overnight, drain and pound.
2. Heat 6-8 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel.
3. Add dal, wheat and mutton along with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt when the water begins to the boil.
4. Cook on low flame till the mutton turns tender.
5. Mash the mutton. Add sliced and fried onions.
6. Heat ghee and pour it over the haleem.
7. Delicious haleem is ready.
8. Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish and serve.