In the complete human body feet are the mist strained and worked out part, but inspite of this are the most neglected one also. Lack of proper care for feet result in many problems like corns and bunions, cracks, infections and ingrown nails.
Massaging the feet each night with oil is relaxing and keeps them soft and supple. In winter warm oil can be used with sesame or mustard oil. In summer coconut oil provides a cooling effect.
If the shoes are to tight, pinch or do not fit properly corns appear due to the pressure put on the bony areas of the foot and also interfere with the circulation of blood ultimately leading to corns.
* The sap from a marigold stem, milky juice from green figs or papaya juice are all good remedies. Apply to the affected area frequently.
* A slice of lemon can be placed on the corn and bandaged in place overnight. Cracks on heels.
* Walking barefoot on rough surfaces or excessive exposure of bare feet to the sun, wind or water causes cracks on the heels and soles apart form the aggravation of Pitta and Vata doshas, which cause dryness and roughness of the feet.
* Take about three tablespoons of bees wax and mix one teaspoonful sesame oil in it. Warm it a little and apply on the affected areas.
* Use warm sesame oil or ghee on the affected areas.
* Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon of mango tree sap and 1 tablespoon water to the cracked skin.