Many people use natural herbs in their hair care products nowadays. There are many herbs that can help with hair care, whether it is just making the hair look better or dealing with hair problems such as dandruff or damaged and dry hair.
Below is a list of commonly used herbs and the advantages they give in hair care.
- Burdock Root – is something that can be used for dandruff and if you have dry hair. The root will alleviate the dandruff naturally and give the hair more moisture as well.
- Catmint Leaves – are good to use if you have an itchy scalp.
- Comfrey and Elderflowers – these are both good herbs for dry hair type.
- Marigold – is an often-used herb as it can be used to alleviate dry, oily and fine hair. Marigold will give the hair a full healthy look.
- Chamomile Flowers – can be used in many types of shampoos and hair care products as they help with dandruff, an itchy scalp, or if you have very dry hair.
- Oat Straw – is a very good herb that can give body and a healthy look to dry and fine hair. It gives the hair more body and makes it look fuller.
- Rosemary – is one of the most common herbs used in hair care products. It is used in shampoos as well as conditioners and has a good fragrance, too. Rosemary is good to use if you have oily hair or dandruff. Rosemary can also be used in any hair type and it will make the hair look more full and healthy.
- Horsetail, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Mint – These four herbs can be used to help if you have very oily hair. They will give the hair a natural look without the buildup of oil.
- Sage and Stinging Nettle – Both of these herbs are good at combating oily hair. They will give hair a natural look without the buildup of oil.
- Thyme – is a herb that is helpful when trying to alleviate dandruff.