Aside from being a great culinary partner, vinegar has other useful, inexpensive home uses. The following do-it-yourself household tips will really come in handy for you. Read on to learn more.
1. Do you prefer boiled eggs for breakfast? Then, here’s how you can prevent the eggs from cracking! Just add few drops of vinegar to the water.
2. Can’t figure out how to remove that garlic or onion smell off your fingers after preparing your favorite dish? Cheer up, just rinse your hands with some vinegar.
3. Do you want to know the secret on how to keep smoke odor out of clothes? Here’s an easy do-it-yourself activity to solve the problem. Fill a bathtub with hot water, then add 2 to 3 cups of vinegar to the bathwater, then hang clothes above the steam.
4. Sick and tired removing hard water stains? Keep your cool, just apply a piece of rag(soaked in vinegar) to the affected area and let it rest overnight.
5. Removing corrosion on detachable faucets can be done drenching these parts in a container with diluted vinegar overnight. For irremovable faucets, just soak a towel or piece of cloth in vinegar and wrap it around the faucet. Let it sit overnight.
6. Vinegar is also good for clogged drain. Simply pour in a handful of baking soda down the drain and then slowly add about a half-cup of vinegar. Let it sit for about few minutes. Pour in a little hot water and then let it rest overnight. Note : this do-it-yourself vinegar use may not produce the desired result on stubborn clogs.
7. Ward of insect invasion and ant trails! Just spray a vinegar solution on the pinpointed areas.
8. Let brass objects get a new glow. Polished it using a solution of 1 teaspoon salt and 1 cup vinegar.
9. Don’t let mineral deposits accumulate on your automatic coffee maker. Make it a regular routine (once a month) run vinegar through it and rinse it with plain water until the vinegar’s odor is completely remove.