Make weeknight dinner fast and easy. Here is a quick recipe, to effortlessly fit the meal’s main course.
There are many ways in which you can cook a tuna steak but Tuna Steaks with Cumin Tartar Sauce have an Indian flavor from the cumin and chutney.
Indian Tuna Steaks
- 4 – 6 ounce fresh or frozen tuna steaks, cut 1 inch thick.
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- three table spoon lemon juice
- one teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One recipe Cumin Tartar Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Place fish in a reseal able plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, cumin seeds, pepper, and garlic
- . Pour over the fish from the seal bag and turn to coat fish.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 – 60 minutes, turning fish once.
- Drain the fish while reserving marinade.
- Lightly grease or coat with non-stick spray on an unheated grill rack.
- For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 – 12 minutes, or until fish begins to flake when tasted with a fork and the centre of the fish is still slightly pink.
- Gently turn and brush once with remaining marinade half way through grilling.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Serve fish with sauce…. (Makes 4 steaks)
Cumin Tartar Sauce:
- Finely chop any large fruit pieces in 2-table spoon mango chutney.
- In a small bowl combine chutney, 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing, 1 teaspoon Dijon-Style mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted.
- Cover and chill until serving time.