|Italian Hot Chocolate||
Recipe Type: Drink
Italian Hot Chocolate – Cioccolato Caldo
- 5 tablespoons Dutch-process Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao solids), finely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the cocoa powder, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of the milk.
- Heat until the sugar melts and no lumps remain, stirring well.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly; add the remaining milk.
- Turn off the heat, add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into serving cups.