Recipe Type: Salad
Warm potato salad that you love to eat at restaurant is not hard to make at home.
- 2-3 lbs baby new potatoes
- 2 large red sweet vinegar peppers
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each basil and oregano (or to taste)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Combine ingredients for salad dressing.
- Slice vinegar peppers into strips.
- Slice onions into thin rings.
- Scrub potatoes and remove eyes. Do not peel.
- Steam or boil gently in their jackets until nearly tender. Remove from heat and drain. Cover and let sit 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and set aside in a serving bowl.
- In the same pan, bring remaining ingredients to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool several minutes and add cooked potatoes (they should still be hot).
- Allow potatoes to marinate for 10 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.