Skin is the most important thing which should be taken care of properly. Either it is hands or legs or your face, proper maintenance and care is required for everything.
Makeup serves one purpose to create an illusion. Makeup can create the illusion of having flawless skin, a smaller nose, larger eyes and smoother lips. But, when makeup is used haphazardly as a beauty utensil, it can magnify wrinkles, deepen the look of scars and make your pores look like moon craters.
* Exfoliate on a regular basis. Find the frequency that works for you. Getting rid of flaky dead cells before applying makeup forestalls layering makeup unattractively over dry skin. Lips should have an exfoliation regimen of their own as well.
* Moisturize your face after cleansing. Even if you have dry skin, you may still prefer to forgo formulas that contain oils, since these can clog pores. Besides, you want to make sure your moisturizer is absorbed into your skin a tricky feat with oil prior to applying makeup. Any remnants can cause your makeup to break down. For your skin type, a rich but non-greasy formulation is ideal.
* Smooth on a spot of makeup primer that is especially formulated for dry skin, from the center of your face outward. Follow with a liquid foundation, dotted all over your face and blended with a makeup sponge. You may choose a base that contains very fine light-reflective particles to give you a natural-looking, dewy finish. Steer clear of powders, as these are drying and will give you older-looking skin. Cremes are to be avoided as well, due to their heavier coverage, which can appear cakey and weigh your complexion down.
* Choose creamy eyeshadows for the times you opt to put on eye makeup. Your eyeliner should be creamy as well, to avoid tugging on the delicate skin on your eyelids. You can effortlessly wear these products without causing creasing. (Other skin types are not as fortunate.) As for the rest of your eye makeup, feel free to use the brow cosmetics and mascara of your choice. Your eye makeup is not likely to smudge, either, given the absence of excess oils in the area. So revel in the product assortment you can choose from.
* Get yourself glowing with a creamy blush applied and blended on the apples of your cheeks. Aside from powder, gels and cheek stains or tints are unflattering for your skin type due to their drying nature.
* Pamper cracked lips with a balm or salve. On top of this, layer on a lip gloss or moisturizing lipstick. These are your best bets for color that won’t dry out your lips the way a matte lipstick or a lip stain will.
Other Makeup Tips for Dry Skin
* Always use cosmetics designed specifically for dry skin.
* Before applying makeup, apply moisturizer and wait for a few minutes. This will soften the dry skin and bring out the best of your makeup.
* During summer you can use a tinted moisturizer in place of a regular foundation as it is very light when compared to foundations.
* Exfoliating the skin at least once a week helps the skin to absorb the moisturizer better.
* Use an eye cream as the skin around the eyes is very delicate and eye creams are absorbed better when compared to moisturizers.
* Use a foundation brush to apply foundation; this will help you use very little foundation thus avoiding a caked appearance. Apply foundation in downward strokes.
* Apply the cream blusher high on the cheek and blend well. Choose pink blush if you have a blue or pink undertone to the skin, peach color if you have a golden undertone to the skin.
* Use peach or neutral pink eye shadow all over the eyelid.