Mud masks are a great way to freshen and revitalize dull, dry skin and mango is one of the top 10 power foods to aid in healthy skin. Mangos are filled with beta-carotene, which is converted by your body in vitamin A, which a is a nutrient crucial to skin self repair. As a topical treatment, mango mud masks are a simple way to get spa quality skin care at affordable prices. Mango alone is great for use as an astringent, but the added benefits of the oatmeal and almonds in this mixture gently smooth and exfoliate the skin. Here’s how to make your very own at-home mango mud mask.
Things you’ll need
- 1 mango 2 tbsp oatmeal 2 tbsp almonds 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Cutting board
- Food processor
- Air tight container
- Process your mud base. Pour oatmeal and almonds into a food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- Peel your mango, cut it in half and seed. Reserve one half and put the other in the refrigerator. Cut the half into 4 chunks and add the pieces to the food processor. Process for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and process again for one minute or until the mixture is a smooth cream.
- To use your mask, smooth over skin and let dry for about 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Store your leftovers in an air tight container and refrigerate.