Marinated Flank Steak
Recipe Type: Main
Pineapple juice, soy sauce, and honey are used as a marinade for this flavorful steak This mouthwatering flank steak recipe can also be made with other beef cuts. Recipes for grilled porterhouse, tenderloin, and sirloin variations can be found below.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- One 1 1/2-inch cube ginger, peeled
- 1 medium-size jalapeño pepper, halved, cored, and seeded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 pounds flank steak, well trimmed
- Puree all ingredients except steak in a food processor. Pour marinade into a large self-sealing plastic bag,
- add steak, seal, turn to coat well, and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove steak from marinade, pat dry on paper towels, and grill over moderate
- coals or broil 4 inches from the heat until steak is the way you like it — 5 to 6 minutes on each side for
- medium-rare and 6 to 7 minutes for medium. Flank steak cooked beyond medium will be tough. Let stand
- about 10 minutes, then, starting on the shorter side of the steak, slice on the bias and across the grain as
- thin as possible.
- Serves: 4
- Per serving: Calories 363; total fat 18 g; saturated fat 7 g; protein 42 g; carbohydrate 6 g; fiber 0 g; sodium
- mg; cholesterol 104 mg
- Grilled Porterhouse
- Prepare as directed, using the following marinade: 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 peeled cloves garlic, 1 cup
- tightly packed fresh basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Substitute 1 ( 1 1/4-inch-thick, 1-
- pound 10-ounce) porterhouse steak for flank steak.
- Grilled Tenderloin
- Prepare as directed, using the following marinade: 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 peeled whole shallots, 2
- tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Substitute 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick, 1/2-
- pound) tenderloin steaks.
- Rubbed Sirloin
- Substitute this dry rub for marinade: 2 tablespoons ground cumin, 3 minced cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon salt,
- /2 teaspoon cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano. Rub on both sides of 4 (1/2-inch-thick, 5-ounce) sirloin
- steaks and grill 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.