There is a need for proper nutrition during pregnancy, as the mother’s nutritional status will affect the development of the baby. It is during the time of pregnancy, when various changes take place in the expectant mother’s body, which are not just anatomical, but also physiological in nature. It is a very crucial time and it becomes all the more necessary for the mother to take care of herself and there arises a need for consuming healthy pregnancy nutrition. Read further to explore information about nutrition during pregnancy…
Some of the changes that take place in the expectant mother and demand the need to make nutritional adjustments are:
- Fat And Energy: it is during the time of pregnancy, when fat deposits take place in the mother’s body and it is this fats storage that is later utilized by the body, during lactation, for the formation of milk. Owing to this fact, the calorie requirement generally increases by 300 calories. But it also depends from person to person. An underweight mother needs to consume more calories than an overweight mother. Well, it is preferable to consult your doctor, as far as your calorie intake is concerned. find out about eating nuts in pregnancy.
- Protein: protein is the most vital nutrient required by the body. It happens during the early and mid pregnancy stages, that protein starts getting stored in the body. And it is during the later stages of pregnancy, when the foetus is rapidly developing, that the body utilizes its protein reserves.
- Minerals: as far as the minerals are concerned, it is the calcium and phosphorus that occupy a supreme position. Calcium is vital for healthy bone and teeth formation and it is during pregnancy that the calcium needs are especially high for the healthy bone formation of the foetus.
- Iron: during pregnancy, the need for iron intake increases, as this mineral is essential for the body’s development.
- Vitamin A: vitamin A is essential for carrying out several bodily functions. It helps in improving vision and maintaining the nervous equilibrium. Well, as far as the intake of vitamin A is concerned, there is a need to ensure that you’ve had your recommended daily vitamin intake.