Enjoy Winters with Hot and Sour Soup
- Chicken stock 4 cups (I use Knorr chicken cubes to make stock)
- Chicken sliced ½ cup (you can skip chicken if vegetarian)
- Carrot julienne ½ cup
- Cabbage julienne ½ cup
- Green chilies finely chopped 2
- Mushrooms sliced 3-4
- Cottage cheese cubes 8-10
- Salt to taste
- Ajinomoto 1 tsp
- White vinegar 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tsp
- Chili powder ¼ tsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup ¼ cup
- Cornflour 3 tbsp dissolved in ½ cup of water
- Egg (optional)
- Heat chicken stock, add the sliced chicken and cook until tender.
- Add all the vegetables, mushrooms and cottage cheese, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the seasoning given in ingredient column, stir well.
- Add dissolved cornflour slowly and keep stirring until thick.
- Add beaten egg (if desired).
- Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Recipe by Mehvish Abubakar.
She is a foodie and blogs at journaloffoodoholic.