Sonora Chicken Casserole Recipe
Recipe Type: Main
Shredded chicken breast meat is layered with tortillas, cheese and a sauce featuring canned soup and chili to make this unique chicken casserole.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chili without beans
- 1 (4 oz.) can chili salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- Mix together soups, chili, salsa, milk, and onion.
- Tear tortillas into small pieces.
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish layer half the chicken, half the sauce, and half the cheeses.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- You can also make this 24 hours in advance before baking for even better flavor.