Today, back problems and postural problems are increasing with our lifestyle not only old, but youth are also facing such problems. We must sit up with our back straight to avoid long term ailments. Our buttocks should touch the back of our chair. Use a medically tested backrest to maintain the normal curves of our backbone. Follow these simple suggestions to keep your back healthy.
1. Sit straight: Sit up with your back straight. Your buttocks should touch the back of your chair. Use a medically tested backrest to maintain the normal curves of your backbone.
2. Even distribution of weight: Distribute your body weight evenly on both hips.
3. Don’t sit in a same position for too long: Bend your knees at a right angle. Keep your knees even with or slightly higher than your hips (use a foot rest or stool if necessary). Your legs should not be crossed. Keep your feet flat on the floor. Try to avoid sitting in the same position for more than 30 minutes.
4. Adjust your chair: Adjust the height of your chair and your work station such that you can sit close to your desk. Rest your elbows and arms on your chair or desk, keeping your shoulders relaxed.
5. Use a backrest: While Driving, use a backrest at the curve of your back. Your knees should be at the same level or higher than your hips. Move the seat close to the steering wheel to support the curve of your back. The seat should be close enough to allow your knees to bend and your feet to reach the pedals.