2. Make sure you wear loose and light colored clothes. Dark colored clothes absorb more heat. Stick to breathable fabrics like cotton and linen.
3. Include vegetable salads and whole grains in your meals and eat small meals at regular intervals. This will keep your body cool.
4. Eat fresh and juicy summer fruits for glowing skin like watermelon, melon, lichi and mangoes.
5. Exercise at a time when heat and humidity is at its lowest. Early morning is a good option to workout, but make sure to drink water after every 20 minutes of exercise.
6. Wear sunglasses with 100 per cent UV protection when you step out in the sun. A cap or a hat will also protect you from the harsh sun rays.
7. Shower at regular intervals to keep your body cool. Two or three showers on a hot summer day will leave you feeling fresh.
8. When at home avoid switching on bulbs as they increase the heat inside. Go for Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs – they reduce the heat and save electricity too.
9. Keep glucose or electral water handy as they help in restoring all the minerals and salts required to regulate the body.
10. Avoid hot drinks like coffee and tea, say yes to ice-creams.