|Apple Cake Recipe||
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
This recipe was provided by Oatly. They recommend eating the apple cake warm with creme fraiche, or letting it cool and teaming with a good old cuppa.
- – 225g plain flour
- – 1 tsp baking powder
- – 50g porridge oats
- – 115g butter, diced
- – 115g caster sugar + extra for sprinkling
- – 2 large eggs
- – 150ml Oatly Enriched or Organic oat drink
- – 2 Bramley apples (approx weight 500g)
- – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm spring-form cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and oats, add the butter and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Alternatively, put these ingredients into a food processor and whizz together. Stir in the sugar.
- Whisk the eggs and Oatly together then add to the dry ingredients and beat together to make a soft mixture. Spread half into the base of the tin.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice thinly and arrange over the cake mixture. Mix a tablespoon of sugar with the cinnamon and scatter two thirds over the apple, spoon the remaining cake mix over the apples and gently spread to cover.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with a the rest of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden.