Is it yet another sleepless night? Look rested and refreshed with these fast fixes. Tossing and turning all night can show on your face the next morning in the form of blotchy skin, lines and wrinkles, red puffy eyes with dark circles. But you can look rested even when you’re not. Try this quick- picker – uppers to wake up your looks:
- Exercise: Twenty minutes of running, fast walking or aerobics will increase blood flow to your face. No time? Try just five minutes of jumping jacks.
- Shower “up”: Take a shower with an energizing body scrub and a nylon loofah. Let the spray massage tension away. Switch to cool water for the final rinse.
- De-crease your face: Before you shower, apply a rich moisturizing mask or thick layer of moisturizer. The moist heat helps the mask plump up fine lines and creases temporarily. Apply a heavy layer of petroleum jelly to lips. At the end of the shower, use a warm damp washcloth to gently massage off both treatments.
- De-puff eyes: An eye gel (stored in the fridge for mornings like this) reduces swelling and redness. Look for refreshing botanicals like briar rose, cucumber and chamomile. Good choices: Clinique Daily Eye Saver, Clarins Eye Contour Gel, Ponds Revitalizing Eye Capsules. Also try cold compresses for five minutes.
- Hide under-eye circles and blemishes: Dab yellow or skin-tone concealer on blue under-eye circles. Stay away from lighter skin tone or white cover-ups.
- Keep makeup minimal: Go easy on foundation and powder but do use blush and pink, rose or terra cotta lipstick to look alert. Stay away from browns and beiges. Keep texture creamy, not matte.
- Wear an energizing fragrance: Try scents with hints of lemon, jasmine, bergamot, lily of the valley, hyacinth, basil and geranium. Some suggestions: Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Woman, Eternity by Calvin Klein, Estee Lauder’s White Linen, Chanel’s Allure, Celebrate by Coty.