As the lip skin doesn’t have sebaceous glands in it, the lips suffer from the lack of moisture. When the temperature drop is sharp, in winter especially, lips often become dry, chapped with inflammation. To avoid this, you should follow some simple rules of your lip skin care.
1. Your lips should be moistened at any time of the day and at night even. Buy some lipcare sticks or balsams and let one of them to be at your home, the second – in your purse and one more – in your pocket.
2. While choosing the care means, please, give your preference to the ones containing hyaluronic acid. As for balsams, it’s better to avoid using the ones with glycerin, petrochemical products, alcohol, menthol or retinol till summer. They will dry your tender skin of lips up.
3. In winter it would be good to decline using decorative lipstick, especially the permanent means. Some of lipstick components occlude the skin pores. If you still put decorative lipstick on, then do not forget to put nourish balsam on before lipstick. This will prevent your lips from dryness and exfoliation.
4. In winter visages recommend to use lip glosses because many of them contain softening oils. This way your lips receive deserving care in addition to their fabulous colors.
5. Once a week apply scrub on your lips. The one you apply on your face will suit perfectly. Here is the exemplary recipe for peeling: mix 2 teaspoons of semolina with a half-spoon of honey and massage lips gently with mixture. You may massage your lips with a soft tooth-brush instead of honey and semolina. This procedure will help your lips to get rid of keratinized cells.
Your lips «First Aid»
If you have missed the moment your lips send you the first SOS signals and they are chapped already or peeled up heavily, you have to take urgent steps to save them.
– Buy any facial cream of oily consistence. Spread some cream on your lips in the mornings and at night and let it get absorbed completely.
– While your lips hurt, forget about lipstick! It will irritate your lips injured surface.
– Do not lick your lips! It’s easy to lose the bad habit of your lips licking when outside – just put some aloe juice on them before leaving home.
– Honey, sour-cream and olive oil mask