Suji – 1 cup
Crushed pineapple – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee/Butter – ½ tbsp
Water – 2 cups
Saffron – ½ tsp (dissolve in water)
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Kishmish (Golden raisins) – ¼ cup
Cashews – ¼ cup coarsely chopped
1. Dissolve saffron strands in 2 cups of water.
2. In a pan, add ½ tbsp of Ghee/butter. Add suji and dry roast it on medium low temperature, till it releases rich aroma. It will look light golden in color.
3. Add crushed pineapple and sugar to the pan and mix well. Immediately add the saffron water, while stirring continuously or it will be lumpy.
4. Add kishmish, cashews and cardamom powder to it and mix well.
5. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and Zafrani Pineapple Halwa is done.