What this is testing:
Why this is important:
When your hair’s outer layer is damaged, care is needed to protect it from further, more severe damage and breakage. There are advanced ingredients in our Pantene haircare products that target damaged areas and help repair them.
What You’ll Need:
- A hair strand,
- 8 oz glass of water,
- clock that can count seconds
How to conduct this experiment:
Take a clean (shampooed only) hair strand from the middle to back of your head.
Roll the hair strand into a ball and place it in a glass of water
How long does it take the hair strand to sink?
- If the hair strand sinks within a couple of seconds, your hair health / hair condition is poor, and your hair is damaged.
- Your hair needs products that help repair and protect weak, damaged hair.
- If the hair strand floats for over one minute, your hair health/hair condition is good and your hair is mostly healthy /in good shape.
- It needs continued conditioning to keep it manageable and protected against damage.