We all know tomatoes are healthy and delicious, but they’ve got a whole host of skin care benefits to boot. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, tomatoes are perfect for shrinking pores, fighting acne and soothing rashes. The moisture-rich fruit can also calm troubled skin, and its astringent properties remove excess dirt and oil. If you’ve got an extra tomato lying around, you’ve got everything you need to make an all-natural face mask. It’s gentle enough to use every day and effective enough to combat pimples, blackheads and other blemishes.
Things You’ll Need
- Potato masher
- Face moisturizer (optional)
- Thoroughly rinse your tomato under cold, running water.
- Place the tomato into a bowl and mash it with a potato masher or fork.
- Apply the tomato pulp to your face and neck, paying special attention to areas with blackheads or clogged pores.
- Allow the mask to sit on your face for 20-60 minutes.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with warm water.
- If you tend to have dry skin, moisturize with a light, oil-free face lotion.
Read more at