Recipe Type: Main
Pineapple juice, soy sauce, and honey are used as a marinade for this flavorful steak This mouthwatering flank steak recipe can also be made with other beef cuts. Recipes for grilled porterhouse, tenderloin, and sirloin variations can be found below.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- One 1 1/2-inch cube ginger, peeled
- 1 medium-size jalapeno pepper, halved, cored, and seeded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 pounds flank steak, well trimmed
- Puree all ingredients except steak in a food processor. Pour marinade into a large self-sealing plastic bag
- Add steak, seal, turn to coat well, and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Remove steak from marinade, pat dry on paper towels, and grill over moderate
- coals or broil 4 inches from the heat until steak is the way you like it —
- 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare and 6 to 7 minutes for medium. Flank steak cooked beyond medium will be tough. Let stand
- about 10 minutes, then, starting on the shorter side of the steak, slice on the bias and across the grain as thin as possible.
total fat 18 g;
saturated fat 7 g;
protein 42 g;
carbohydrate 6 g;
fibre 0 g;
cholesterol 104 mg