Prep Time: 10–15 minutes
Serving size: half a pizzadilla
Note: These are great warm from the skillet or cold, packed for lunch with a container of sauce for dipping
What you need:
- whole-wheat tortillas (8 inches) 4
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen spinach, finely chopped
- part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded 2/3 cup
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Cooking spray
Equipment and supplies:
* A 10- to 12-inch skillet
* Thin spatula (metal preferred)
What to do:
- Lay 2 tortillas on a flat surface. Divide spinach and cheese between the tortillas.
- Top with remaining 2 tortillas.
- Place skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.
- Gently slide 1 pizzadilla into the pan and cook until light golden brown on one side (about 1–2 minutes).
- Using a thin spatula, gently flip over the pizzadilla and cook for 30–60 seconds more or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove pizzadilla and cut into triangles. Repeat with remaining pizzadilla.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- You can wrap and refrigerate leftovers to take to school for lunch.