- 1 cup Aloe Vera gel
- 1-teaspoon lanolin
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1/3-cup coconut oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 ounce beeswax
- 3/4 cup almond oil
- 1 teaspoons essential oil
- Use a blender (or food processor) to mix the Aloe Vera gel, lanolin, & vitamin E oil.
- Microwave coconut oil & beeswax in a glass container on high 30 seconds, and stir.
- Repeat heating in 10-second blocks until fully melted.
- Stir in almond oil, reheating if necessary.
- Run blender or processor at low to medium speed, and then pour in melted oils in thin stream.
- As the oil is blended in, the cream will turn white and blender’s motor will start to grind.
- As soon as melted oils are added and you’ve achieved mayonnaise-like consistency, stop the blender, add essential oil and pulse-blend.
- Do not over blend.
- Transfer cream to glass jars while still warm – the lotion will thicken quickly.
- This lotion really absorbs well and leaves no residue on skin.