Short hair shows you are a woman on the move – cool, confident, in control, and too busy to spend hours fussing with your hair. A dramatic cut shows that you are happy to take new challenges.
Five great things about short hair.
1. Short hair is sexy. It allows a man to see you and your personality.
2. Well-cut short hair emphasizes femininity, especially if you get chunky layers and softness cut into the style.
3. Your hair looks thicker and more glossy. Shorter hair looks healthier as the hair is newer than the dull, damaged ends of longer hair. It’s a good option for people with fine hair.
4. It’s easy to manage. Designer Donna Karen thinks short hair epitomizes the 90’s. It’s like a great dress – you just step into it and go.
5. You can look younger. Wrinkles are emphasized by the straight lines of long hair, but the softer shape of short hair makes them less obvious.
Common Dos and Don’ts:
- Don’t use any old rubber band just to keep hair off the face. Rubber bands tend to break or split hair. Instead just use a scrunchy or a fabric coated elastic band.
- Don’t brush wet hair too harshly because it’s three times weaker and more likely to break off mid-strand. Towel dry hair first, then gently untangle using a wide tooth comb.
- Don’t sud up more than once unless your hair is extremely greasy else it’ll become too dry and frizzy. Oil hair before every wash. Massage oil well into the scalp and keep for a minimum of half-hour. This keeps your scalp nourished and conditioned.
- Excessive use of conditioner can your hair and cause split-ends. Protect from over-conditioning.