Choosing a Concealer
You will want to pick a concealer that is about one shade lighter than your natural skin color. To make sure that the color you are buying is right, try to test them out right at the store. Ideally, go to the store without any makeup on and try the concealer right onto your face. However, you can also just test the concealer on the inside of your arm if you would rather not go out of house barefaced. Also, you will also want to choose a concealer that has yellow undertones. That will give you the most natural look.
Concealer is so versatile, that you can literally apply concealer anywhere that you need it. It can help cover dark circles, age spots, blemishes, large pores and off-color areas. It is best to pick a concealer that has a wand; this will ensure accuracy when applying the concealer. Take the wand and sufficiently cover all areas of concern. Next, blend well with your fingers or a sponge. Make sure to cover the concealer with powder or it will rub off by mid-day.
- Even if you do not have blemishes or other imperfections, you should always apply concealer underneath the eyes. It will help your eyes to look brighter and make your face appear more vibrant.
- Use liquid concealer for dry skin
- Use solid concealer for pimples, scars and bruises.
- Use concealer with yellow undertones to hide dark circles. It will give you the most natural finish possible.
- Use concealer with blue or green undertones to conceal a ruddy skin tone.