Home decor expert Baroness Monica von Neumann shares sophisticatedflower arrangements that you can do yourself for an elegant wedding.
Calla Lily Arrangement
Vase: Tall white glass cylinder
Flowers: Calla lilies and bear grass
1. Cut the calla lilies at an angle so that the flowers will rest dramatically in the vase and can more easily absorb water.
2. Spread the bear grass conservatively throughout the arrangement to add linear contrast to the leaning calla lilies.
3. Fill the vase with water and a few drops of bleach to prevent bacteria buildup and smelly water.
4. Lilies last quite awhile and will look freshly cut for longer than expected.
Miniature Roses Arrangement
Vase: Tall glass white cylinder vase
Flower: Small miniature roses, dusty miller leaves
1. Finding simple small roses at a market is easy; find a bouquet where the buds appear to have just opened to add time to your arrangement.
2. Be creative with a foliage leaf to add; the dusty miller leaf is a wonderful choice as it will add to the white of the rose and collectively look chic and monochromatic.
3. Be sure to cut the roses to add multidimensional fullness to the arrangement.
4. Add plenty of water and a few drops of bleach.