Using a body scrub once a week is a great way to slough off dead skin cells. Dead skin cells give your skin a dry, old appearance and can make you itch, especially in the winter months. This brown sugar body scrub is easy and inexpensive to make and will help your skin feel young and smooth.
Instructions to make body scrub:
Things You’ll Need:
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Coarse salt
- Avocado oil
- Liquid soap
- Essential oil of your choice
- Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup coarse salt together in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of your favorite liquid soap, 2 Tbsp. of avocado oil, and 2 Tbsp. essential oil to the sugar mixture and mix together with your hands.
- Keep the body scrub in an airtight container. If you keep it longer than a few days, you might want to store it in the refrigerator so the oils don’t get rancid.
- Once a week, rub the scrub all over from head to toe in the shower. Rinse with cold water, as cold as you can stand it.