My skin tends to be more dry than oily now that I’m over 35 and I find that using a foundation primer helps my favorite tinted sunscreen, La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL tinted creme go on more smoothly. I realized it works just as well as my Laura Mercier primer.
And Laura Mercier is on the no-no list when it comes to animal testing. It’s also not natural or organic and is full of chemicals I’d rather not have in my body. After all, everything you put on your skin gets absorbed into the body.
Here’s how it works:
- Take about a half a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil and apply it to your face.
- Wet a washcloth and scrub your face in a circular motion.
- This acts as an exfoliant and also a mosturizer.
- Pat skin dry and apply foundation, tinted moisturizer or sunscreen.
- You’ll notice it goes on smoothly and any dry patches will be gone.