A pumpkin facial peel mask can do wonders for your skin. Pumpkin contains more than 100 age-reversing nutrients, including enzymes that treat the skin like alpha hydroxy acids to rid it of dry, dull cells. It hydrates the skin and adds radiance, exfoliating surface skin cells to produce a younger, more healthy appearance and increase the rate of cell renewal.
Pumpkin facial peel products can be purchased ready to apply, but it’s very simple to make your own at home with supermarket ingredients – and much cheaper, too. Give yourself a pumpkin peel facial using the combination of ingredients that best suit your skin’s needs and give the results you want.
- Canned pureed pumpkin
- Plain yogurt or olive oil
- Cosmetic brush
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- Lactic acid cream
- Mix two tablespoons pumpkin puree from the can with 1/2 teaspoon raw honey and 1 tablespoon plain yogurt or olive oil. Mix the ingredients well. Use a soft cosmetic brush to apply the mixture to the skin and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. This is the most basic recipe for a pumpkin facial peel.
- Mix two teaspoons pumpkin with 1/4 teaspoon milk and 1/2 teaspoon honey. Combine the ingredients; apply to the skin and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash with warm water. This combination is a bit more drying; apply moisturizer after using it.
- Mix 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree, a bit of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lactic acid cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Mix well and apply to the skin. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. This mask reduces fine lines and leaves the skin soft.
Moisturize your skin thoroughly after using a pumpkin peel facial mask.
Tips & Warnings
- Apply a pumpkin peel facial mask with a soft cosmetic brush. Apply with light, even strokes beginning at the neck and working upward.
- Test for sensitivity to the pumpkin peel mask by applying a bit of the mixture to a small area. Pumpkin is not an irritant, but always test to be sure your skin isn’t sensitive to any of the ingredients. Try one of the milder combinations if you experience any reaction.
- Never use a facial peel mask near your eyes.