Damaged Hair Can be The Signs of Body’s Poor Health

Damaged Hair Can be The Signs of Body’s Poor Health

Damaged Hair Can be The Signs of Body’s Poor Health  Damaged hair could be the sign that we experience unhealthy condition.

Indeed the body cannot speak to express what happens in it. But some irregularities on the part of the body including the hair can be a specific signal on overall health. Damaged hair can be a sign of poor physical health.

Problems on the hair such as dandruff, hair loss or graying is often regarded as a trivial problem. As a matter of fact, the damaged hair can be an indicator that there is a more serious problem in the body.

Here are some meanings of hair problem to health body:

1. Dandruff

Dandruff can arise because the scalp is too dry or too oily. Using a shampoo too often or too infrequently can cause dandruff.

Dermatologist believes that dandruff is caused due to fungal growth. Dandruff does not show adverse health conditions, but yellow dandruff may be an indication of the condition of seborrheic dermatitis (that is skin inflammation associated with hormone, fungi or even a particular neurologic problem).

2. Hair Loss

Dermatologists believes that a man or a woman could lose about 90 to 100 hairs every day. Do not worry, about 90 percent of hair follicles you have, grow on a regular basis while the remaining 10 percent go into sleep mode (rest phase) and this 10 percent of hair follicles will die and fall off every 2 to 3 months, which will then be replaced by new hair. This cycle will occur repeatedly.

However, too many hair loss can be a sign that your diet is unhealthy. Hair needs protein, iron, zinc, vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids to stay healthy and shiny.

These nutrients can not be met if your diet is too strict. If you are malnourished or have an eating disorder, the effect will be slightly visible on the hair and it begins to fall.

3. Premature Gray Hair

Gray hair does not always describe aging. Premature gray hair is also associated with the properties of hereditary. Gray is not really associated with poor health, but conditions such as anemia, thyroid problems, vitamin B12 deficiency, and vitiligo (a skin condition where there is loss of the brown color of skin) can cause premature graying.


Leave a Comment