Years ago honey was commonly used as substitute for sugar or a flavor enhancer but during the past 10 years it has become a main ingredient in one of the best skincare products and makeup products. Nowadays honey is widely used as medicine to treat allergies, anemia, fatigue and exhaustion, poor digestion etc. Due to its properties today honey is one of the main ingredients in many moisturizing and nourishing body lotions and makeup products.
Honey contains glucose, fructose, minerals – magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron, copper, zinc, vitamins B1, B2, B5, B3.
Natural honey is very beneficial to the skin as it has the ability to attract water and to nourish the skin deeply. During the last years many of the biggest cosmetic and skincare companies began to use natural honey in many body lotions, facial moisturizers, anti-aging creams and serums, facial masks, cleansers, shower gels due to its ability to retain and attract moisture. Many women prefer to use honey and another natural ingredient for home-facials as it rejuvenates the skin and nourish the skin deeply. Honey is also a natural antiseptic as it contains many antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria immediately.
What are the benefits of honey to the skin?
- Honey is safe for very sensitive or irritated skin
- Honey eliminates wrinkles and fine lines
- Honey rejuvenates the skin
- Nourish the skin deeply and prevents infections
- Pure honey doesn’t irritate the skin or cause allergies
- Honey helps attract and retain moisture and prevents skin dehydration
- Honey leaves skin smooth and supple
- Honey brightens dull skin and prevents skin discolorations
- Honey acts as a real antioxidant and fights free radicals
- Honey treats and prevents pimples, skin discolorations and fights acne
- Honey is beneficial to treating wounds, sores and burs
- Honey restores damaged skin
- Honey leaves skin soft, soothe and younger-looking
- Honey helps renew skin cells
- Honey treats acne, eczema and other skin conditions as it contains amino acids and enzymes
- Honey fights against skin damage and ageing due to its antioxidant properties