Recipe Type: Snack
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Eclairs is a elongated pastry made with choux dough, filled with cream and topped with a chocolatey icing. A classic bite, loved by all chocolate fans!
- For the Pastry:
- Choux pastry
- 125 ml water
- 50 gm butter
- 60 gm flour
- 2 large eggs
For the Cream Filling:
- Sweetened whipped cream
- For the Chocolate Icing:
- 275 gm icing sugar
- 3 heaped Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp butter
To make the Pastry:
- Boil water and butter together.
- Add in flour; stir until mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Pipe out finger like shapes, about 3″ long with a thick nozzle on to a baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes or until risen and golden in colour.
- After baking, pierce each eclair to allow steam to escape.
- Pipe whipped cream into the eclairs.
For the Icing:
- Beat the sugar, cocoa and butter together till smooth.
- Coat the top of the eclairs with the icing and serve.