Recipe Type: Dessert
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract with seed
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate chunks, heaping
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- You will need a 12-hole muffin pan and paper liners (or use a silicone muffin pan).
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a pitcher, combine the milk, egg, oil, and vanilla and beat.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar, a pinch of salt, the chocolate chunks, and raspberries.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquids.
- Using a fork, stir gently to combine (don’t over-stir or the muffins won’t rise). Place the liners in the muffin pan and spoon the mixture evenly into the liners. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and risen.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Open freeze on a tray, then place in a plastic bag, label, and return to the freezer.
- Place on a wire rack for 4 to 5 hours, then eat as they are or warm in a low oven.