A beautiful smile lights up a day. It makes your face more beautiful and lively. Your lips are the most important and exquisitely sensitive part of your body. And therefore you have to take special care of your lips.
The common lips problems are:
- Dark Lips
- Cracked lips
You will be surprised to know that our lips unlike most part of our body do not have any melanin pigment to protect them. Lips are covered on the outside by a thin layer of skin and on the inside by virtually transparent mucous membranes. Therefore it is necessary to take care of our lips and to eat well-balanced food and lots of fruits.
If you have dark lips you have to do the following………
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid lipstick.
- Apply a layer of oil and leave it on for several hours. Best apply before going to bed.
- Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal quantity. Apply a coat of this on the lips and leave on overnight. This has to be done daily for at least two weeks for best results.
- Massage lips: Every night with a mixture of 1/2 tsp. Glycerine and 1/2 tsp. Castor oil with 1/2 tsp. Lemon juice and leave overnight.
- Apply cream from curds with saffron on your lips.
Lips do not produce oil like our skin, because they have no oil producing glands. The skin on our lips is actually mucous membrane, so for them to remain smooth and chap free is a bit of a challenge. The most common cause of cracked lips are allergic reaction to cosmetics, skin infections, extreme weather conditions like excess sun and wind exposure, biting of the lips or a vitamin B deficiency.
If you have cracked lips you have to do the following………
- Protect the lips from weather by applying heavy plain cream.
- Avoid licking your lips.
- To cure dry chapped lips apply peanut butter or coco butter to your lips before going to bed.
- Grind rose petals with cream on the top of milk and apply on lips to cure the cracked lips
- Take vitamin B, C foods in diet.
- Mix 2 drops of glycerine with 1 tsp of cream on the top of milk and apply to lips to cure the chapped lips and keep overnight to get smooth and shiny lips.
- Mix equal quantities of nutmeg, turmeric, and fresh butter and apply to lips.
- Hot water fomentation, followed by a mixture of Vaseline and honey applied on the lips at least thrice a week will prevent lips from chapping.
- Lips should be moisturized and exfoliated. Exfoliate lips with your gentle facial scrub using a toothbrush or just the tips of your fingers. You can make a paste using baking soda and water to exfoliate lips as well. Work it for a minute and then rinse with lukewarm water.
General Care for lips