Recipe Type: Main
This baked macaroni and cheese casserole is easy to make with cheddar cheese and eggs along with milk and butter.
There’s no separate sauce to make for this version, making cleanup much easier than other versions made with a stove top cheese sauce.
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups milk
- cheddar cheese 2 cups
- 1 egg
- Seasoning( salt, pepper as per taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain macaroni.
- Stir egg and milk together.
- Layer macaroni and cheese in a greased casserole dish and pour the milk and egg mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes.
- For a crunchy, browned breadcrumb topping, toss 1 cup of finely shredded fresh breadcrumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle the crumbs over the macaroni and cheese and then bake as directed. Buttered panto crumbs may be used for a crispier topping.
- There are many kinds of pasta to choose from, including whole wheat and gluten-free. Use your favourite kind of macaroni, or make it with pasta of a similar shape and size.
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole With Bacon: Crumble 4 to 6 strips of cooked bacon and add to the macaroni and cheese mixture. Spoon into the baking dish and proceed with the recipe.
- Macaroni and Cheese Casserole With Ham: Add 1 to 2 cups of diced cooked ham to the macaroni and cheese mixture. Spoon into the prepared baking dish and proceed with the recipe.
- Macaroni and Cheese With Chile Peppers: Add a few tablespoons of minced jalapeno peppers or add 1 small can of mild chopped green chilles peppers.