While 2012 was dominated by the warmth and vivacity of tangerine tango, it’s time the world shifted towards the relaxing radiance of emerald green. Pantone, the world’s leading authority on color has initiated the green revolution by naming emerald green the color of 2013.
One of the most relaxing colors to the human eye as a result of its direct association with nature, green is said to symbolize growth, harmony, freshness and fertility, and to bring balance and prosperity into life.
Renowned fashion houses and designers have already started incorporating the color in their collections. So what’s the 101 on How to Dazzle in Emerald Green?
1. Simply go casual or glitz it up for a party. Emerald green has the power to make that much-needed impact at any time of the day. Be it a regular day at your office or a night out with the girlies, emerald green can be the perfect style pick. Upcoming designer Aysha Anees says, “Emerald is casual enough to be worn as prêt wear and at the same time, elegant enough to be worn as formal/luxury wear.”
2. Good news for all you sun-kissed beauties, emerald green complements our natural complexion. Ayesha Jafar, brand communications specialist for SHEEP™, believes, “It is a colour that looks fabulous on every skin tone.” For those of you with a naturally bronze complexion, the original shade of emerald green or one with a hint of python green, would be the best choice to enhance those beautiful features while lighter-toned women can experiment with shades like forest green or pine green with a tinge of blue.
3. Have you ever thought of painting your face green? Relax, I don’t mean it literally. Pantone has also partnered with Sephora, a leading make-up brand, to launch a limited edition ‘colour of the year’ beauty collection in March. With 2013 bringing back those dramatic, bright eyes, an emerald green eye shadow or nail colour can be a great addition to your beauty collection.
4. For all eastern girlies, a green coloured kurta with gold embellishments paired up with neutral tights or palazzo pants can do the trick. And if you favour prints, a green lawn suit with maroon or muted orange piping and buttons should make bang on trend outfit.
5. Finally, accessorise it! While Jafar suggests bright pink and corals, Anees sticks to the trendy, metallic gold accessories and embellishments. An eye-catching emerald green plain dress with a chunky metallic gold necklace paired with a pair of black heels is a sure way to make a splash on Glamour Street!
So, What are you waiting for? Make that trip to your nearest mall or make a call to your personal designer and get on board with Green because it’s got the glamour street rolling this season!