Beauty is not just about looking good but being healthy. This pertains to every part of your anatomy. From head to toe, literally! When you make your next appearance at a party, watch the feet of all those beautiful people you see. Do you see corns, callouses, chipped nails and skin growths? Ugh!
Everyday feet Care Routine:
Feet maintenance is a part and parcel of your beauty treatment. Here are a few tips on how to make your feet look as fresh as possible.
- To keep your feet smelling good and looking fresh dust some deodorizing talcum powder onto your feet every morning.
- You need to exercise your feet. Walking is a good form of exercise for the feet.
- When you get back from a long day, soak your feet alternatively in hot and cold water. Add some salt to this water.
- If your feet are itching, then apply some lemon juice and vinegar.
- Try massaging some onion juice between the toes. This will relieve itching and athlete’s foot.
- When shopping for shoes, comfort is the operative word. Ill-fitting shoes which are too tight have really high heels and pointed toes are largely responsible for the ‘ill-health’ of your feet. Your shoes must support the arch of your foot and also provide enough room to accommodate your toes.
Walking bare foot:
Shoes trap energy around the feet, and that could be one of the reasons for feeling tired at the end of a long day. So take them off whenever you can and give them as much air as possible. Barefoot walks help tone the muscles of your feet, keeping them young and strong. An early morning barefoot walk on cool, dewy grass is refreshing and invigorating for the entire system, not just your feet. It is also believed to have a very good effect in improving eyesight. Do walk barefoot as much as possible to help the bone structure of your feet function according to its natural shape.
Cure for Cracked heels:
A common problem in the winter months is cracked heels. Here are a few ways to combat the problem.
- Soak your heels in lukewarm water and use a pumice-stone to scrub off dead skin to smooth the heels or use a foot scrub after soaking the feet in lukewarm water. Apply a deep moisturizing lotion or Vaseline and put on the socks to cover it for sometime. This method will protect the feet from excessive dryness.
- You could also heat up some Coconut oil, add some wax into it and after cooling apply it onto your heels.
- Another solution is to melt paraffin wax and mix it well with little mustard oil. Apply on the affected area of your heels. Wash it off in the morning. Do this for 10 or 15 days and see the difference.