Iced tea was first introduced at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis. Since then, iced tea has become one of the most popular summer drinks.
Herbal teas, flavoured teas and infused teas have added variety, and in the 1970s sun tea was all the rage, until someone figured out that the sun wasn’t needed at all to turn water and teabags into tea.
Basic Iced Tea Recipe
- 12 tea bags
- 8 cups boiling water
- Sugar (up to your taste)
- Triangular pieces of lemon
- Few leaves of mint.
- In a saucepan pour 8 cups of water.
- Add sugar to the boiling water, and stir continuously until the sugar dissolves.
- Now pour the liquid in a jug with the ice cubes, some pieces of lemon and mint.
- Enjoy your Iced Tea in this hot summer!!!!