The summer season has finally arrived and the sun can be seen shinning in all its glory. As the temperature rises, people start wearing short clothes, in order to escape from the unbearable heat. Sunscreen lotions, hats, scarves are all the tools, which become unavoidable to prevent oneself from the scorching heat of the sun.
However, at times it becomes inevitable to escape from the rage of the sun, especially those who stay outdoors for a considerable period of time. The result is a bad sunburn, which aggravates your troubles even more in the summers. To relieve you from the agony of that sun burn, we are here with some vital information. To know how to treat a sunburn, read the remedies given below.
- Cut down an aloe vera plant to the length of the leaf, exposing the interior. The gel secreted by the plant should be rubbed over the affected area. Repeat this process as many times as you can. You can also use aloe gels available in the market, provided they contain high percentage of aloe gel.
- You can use Lavender Essential oil to heal a sun burn. Mix around two drops of oil in aloe gel and apply over the burned area.
- Yoghurt can also be used to treat a sunburn. Apply it over the burn and leave it for 10 minutes. After this, rinse it off with boiled water that has been cooled.
- Green tea also proves to be helpful in case of a sunburn. To prepare it, make a pot of tean and bring it to boil. Then add a teaspoon of green tea into the pot. Cover it and leave it for 5 minutes. Then add equal amount of cold water in it. Soak a soft cloth into the cool tea and put in on the area for 5 to 10minutes.
- Use an anti inflammatory medicine to ease the pain of the burn and skin inflammation.
- Bathe with cold water to soothe the skin and avoid using soap. Instead add one cup black tea and one cup apple cider vinegar to soothe pain and swelling.
- Drink lots f water as it will keep your skin hydrated.
- Wear loose fitting soft cotton clothes to avoid friction with the skin.
- Apply a mild moisturizer over the area during the night.