If your hair is dry or has the frizzies, yogurt can be a great beauty aid for you. It isn’t a difficult task to create homemade yogurt hair conditioner, and there’s more than one way to do it. All of the approaches bring your hair more shine and manageability.
- Mix 4 tablespoon of plain yogurt and one whole egg to create a highly moisturizing homemade conditioner. Shampoo as usual, and then massage the yogurt-egg mix into your hair. Leave the mixture on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse it out well with cool water. Dry as usual and style. You will notice the frizz is gone from your hair.
- Blend together 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cantaloupe, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat germ oil. Pour the conditioner onto your hair and allow it to remain 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Beat the white of one egg until it foams. Add 6 tablespoons natural yogurt. Put the conditioner on your hair for 15 minutes and rinse it in cool water.
- Mash a banana, avocado, cantaloupe, mango or squash, or a mixture of these. Add a blend of 50% natural yogurt and 50% of the mash of choice. Leave the mixture on your hair for 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with tepid water. Experiment with combinations of ingredients until you find the prefect one for a customized homemade conditioner.
Tips & Warnings
- Don’t use any conditioner with eggs or egg products if you are allergic to eggs.
- Don’t use hot water to rinse out a conditioner containing raw egg. The egg will begin to cook if the water is hot.