Make weeknight dinner fast and easy. Here is a quick recipe, to effortlessly fit the meal’s main course. There are many ways in which you can cook a tuna steak but Tuna Steaks with Cumin Tartar Sauce have an Indian flavor from the cumin and chutney.
Indian Tuna Steaks
- 4 – 6 ounce fresh or frozen tuna steaks, cut 1 inch thick.
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- three table spoon lemon juice
- one teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One recipe Cumin Tartar Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish in a reseal able plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade in a small bowl stir together oil, lemon juice, cumin seeds, pepper, and garlic. Pour over fish; seal bag and turn to coat fish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 – 60 minutes, turning fish once. Drain fish, reserving marinade.
- Lightly grease or coat with non-stick spray and un heated grill rack. For a charcoal grill, grill fish on the greased rack of and uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 – 12 minutes, or until fish begins to flake when tasted with a fork and center of fish is still slightly pink, gently turning and brushing once with remaining marinade half way through grilling. Discard any remaining marinade. (For a gas grill, pre heat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above). Serve fish with sauce. Makes 4 steaks
- Cumin Tartar Sauce: finely chop any large fruit pieces in 2-table spoon mango chutney. In a small bowl combine chutney, 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing, 1 teaspoon Dijon-Style mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted. Cover and chill until serving time.